In the sense of Act 183/2000 on the libraries, §13 Article 2D and in the sense of Article 2 of the Acquisition List of the Library of Juraj Fandly in Trnava published on 1st of April 2002 by the Administrative County of Trnava, I issue following Library Rules and Regulations of the Library of Juraj Fandly in Trnava.
Library Rules and Regulations
a) The Library of Juraj Fandly in Trnava (hereinafter only “Library”) is a universal public library directed by the Administrative County of Trnava. The Library is a cultural and educational institution focused on providing library, bibliographical, and informational services to organizations and individuals.
b) Library equipment and library funds are the property of the county. Each user of the library services is obliged to maintain it and must not damage it.
c) The Library functions as a regional library operating on the territory of the districts of Trnava, Piešťany, and Hlohovec. It coordinates and guides the other regional libraries within the county.
d) The Library provides services according to the rules of the general availability of public documents in accordance with the Constitution of Slovak Republic and the Bill of Personal Rights and Liberties.
a) Library Regulations including the borrowing rules regulates mutual relations and its readers and users.
b) Regulations of the Library of Juraj Fandly in Trnava refer to all the Library’s premises which provide services to their users. The Library provides its services in following premises:
- the main seat on Rázusova Ulica 1 (Razusova Street 1) – borrowing and reference services
- department of music on Ulica M. Schneidra – Trnavského 5 (M. Schneidra – Trnavskeho Street 5)
- branch library Modranka at Primary and Nursery Schools I. Krasku 27
- branch library Prednádražie at the Primary school K. Mahra 11
- branch library Tulipán at the Primary School on Ulica Gorkého 21 (Gorkeho Street 21)
- branch library Vodáreň at the Primary school on Ulica Atómová 1 (Atomova Street 1)
a) Library services can be used by a registered library user who owns a valid library card. Conditions of the enrolment, user’s rights and responsibilities are explained in the Head 4. The charge for the enrolment is paid annually.
b) Basic borrowing services are free of charge. Special services are charged according to the price list which is included in this document and is available to the public in all departments and branches of the Library.
c) Special services (informational, consulting, advertising etc.) as well as participation in cultural and educational events are provided both for registered and non-registered users.
d) Beside basic borrowing and informational services the Library provides extra services described in the Head 17 of this document.
a) A library user can be:
- an person who can visit the library personally;
- an individual user institution, organization, company etc.; a collective use
b) Library users can be:
- residents of Slovak Republic
- individuals from foreign states, in case they have a valid residence permit in Slovak Republic
c) An applicant becomes a library user after the enrolment in the database of users and after issuing of a library card. By completion of the application card, users undertake to observe the rules and regulations of the Library. Children who have not reached 15 years of age must register with the consent of their parents or guardians.
d) By completion of an application card the applicant gives permission to the usage of their personal information for the Library needs.
e) The Library is obliged to pursue the Personal Data Protection Act of 2002 No.428.
f) As a library user can be enrolled also an applicant who applies for library services in written way, electronically, or by telephone. A person who applies for one-time service is considered to be a library user as well.
g) The right to use library services expires:
- when the user cancels his membership in the Library
- when the user does not prolong his membership for the next year
- when the user fails to comply with these rules and regulations
- when the user fails to pay the replacement value or fee until the appointed day
a) The library card is issued after the completion of the application card and payment of the enrolment charge to:
- a resident of Slovak Republic who present a valid identification card which cannot be replaced by any other document (the only one exception allowed is a service card of a member of the military forces). In order to get a charge deduction, the card of a seriously handicapped person, or a certificate of the unemployment from the employment agency must be presented.
- To individuals from foreign states who do not have a permanent address in Slovak Republic the library card is issued when following documents are presented:
- an identification card (in case of a long-time residence) and a passport. The library card only enables them to use short loan services.
- a valid residence permit, students present their study report (known as INDEX). The library card enables them to use also the long loan services.
b) The library card for a corporate body is issued upon the completed application card which shall be under seal of the institution and signed by the corporate representative. Furthermore, the person on behalf of the corporate body, who is listed in the application card as an entitled person for the dealings with the Library, shall present their personal card. The bearer of library rights and obligations is the corporate body.
c) The Library distinguishes two types of library cards:
- a library card valid for 1 year that enables its holder to use all the library-informational services.
- a library card valid for 1 day that enables its holder to use only short-loan services.
d) The library card is valid for 1 year since the day of the enrollment. The library card needs to be renewed at the end of that period. Conditions for renewing the library card are the same as those outlined in Head 5.1.
e) The charge for the library card is listed in the Schedule of Charges.
f) Library cards are not transferable: they can only be used by their holders who obtained them. The library card enables an access to all the premises of the Library. The library user has a free access to a library catalogue, lending libraries, a playroom, events organized by the Library, and premises of the Library. The card holder is not allowed to enter the closed repositories and other operative areas of the Library.
g) A library card holder is responsible for any misusage of their library card. A Librarian is allowed to ask the library user to present their ID card in order to check their identity. The Librarian is also allowed to detain the library card that was obviously misused by other person.
h) Loss of cards must be reported immediately. Issuing a new library card is charged according to the Schedule of Charges, which is attached to this document.
i) A change of name, address, or ID card must be reported within 15 days. Each change must be supported by the ID card. For a corporate body, each change of its name, or the change of the person on behalf of the body, as well as other necessary legal information must be reported to the Library.
j) The library user has a right to present their comments and suggestions relating to the services of the Library in spoken or written form. This provision does not affect legal regulations for complains.
k) The user is obliged to:
- observe the rules and regulations of the Library and obey instructions given by the Librarian.
- submit to the control measures that are necessary for keeping the discipline and for the protection of the property of the Library.
- keep silence and tidiness in all the areas of the Library.
In case of disobedience of these rules and regulations, the Director of Library Services or the authorised deputy may impose a fine of €3.50 (SKK 100), or suspend the borrowing privileges temporarily or permanently. In this case the user is liable to pay a replacement value according to the valid laws and regulations. The privilege to attend the Library and use its services can be suspended or cancelled also for hygienic reasons.
II. Borrowing Policies
How to Borrow
a) Borrowing of library documents is regulated by the provisions of Civil Code of Lending and Borrowing §659-§662.
b) Borrowings are in accordance with the mission of the Library and library protection requirements.
c) The borrowing services are available only to a user who presents a valid library card or a confirmation of the payment of a charge and after a borrowing card has been signed personally.
d) Corporate bodies with their seats outside of the Library which use library services directly are allowed to use the interlibrary borrowing services. No private borrowings are allowed on a library card issued to a corporate body.
e) No documents can be taken out of the Library unless they are borrowed through the library informational system.
f) In special cases when the user is not able to borrow booked documents because of some serious reasons documents can be borrowed by their family members (parents, husband, wife etc.). They are obliged to present their identification card which number will be written next to the signature onto a borrowing form.
g) Under no circumstances are documents sent via a post-office.
Types of Loans
a) A user can borrow documents which can be taken out of the Library or documents which can be used only within the Library.
b) Documents which can be taken out:
- books which are not marked as those used only within the library
- audio books for persons unable to read printed materials
- standard volumes of periodicals
c) Documents which can be used only within the Library:
- books from the reference library (in study rooms and special library departments)
- books marked as those used only within the Library (marked with ST)
- electronic documents, audio visual documents, audio records, games for children
- statutory copy
- scientific and regional periodicals
- music documents
- documents borrowed from other libraries through the interlibrary borrowing services
d) Under certain circumstances the Library has a right to restrain borrowing services.
a) Documents which can be taken out of the Library are loaned at designated loan areas. Documents which can be used only in the Library can be borrowed at all loan areas.
b) The borrower is obliged to sign a borrowing form by which they confirm the borrowing. One copy is kept in the Library, the other one belongs to the user.
c) In case of borrowing a document which can be used only in the Library, the user is obliged to fill in a card about borrowed documents.
d) The user who suffers of a transmitted disease or in whose home such a disease has occurred is not allowed to borrow any documents. The user must inform the Library about this kind of disease and is obliged to disinfect borrowed documents. The disinfection will be proved by presenting a confirmation of a hygienist.
Reservation of a Borrowed Document
a) Borrowed documents can be reserved. The reservation can be made personally in the Library.
b) Freely available documents cannot be reserved.
c) The user will be informed after the reserved documents have been returned. The Library will announce a date until which the user can borrow these documents. The announcement is made by:
d) If one document is reserved by more users, their order is set by the system according to the date and time of reservation.
e) Reserved and announced documents must be borrowed within the period of 7 days.
Number of Borrowed Items
a) Number of items which can be borrowed in case of documents which can be taken out of the Library cannot exceed:
- 15 books/children
- 20 books/adults
- 25 books/students
- The number of periodicals which can be borrowed by one user is limited to 20.
a) The loan period in case of borrowing a document which can be taken out is:
- books, audio books for people unable to read printed documents – 30 days
- lecture notes and school books – 30 days
- unfixed periodicals – 7 days
b) The date when the documents must be returned is set by the library system.
c) The Library has a right to reduce the loan period if it is necessary, or it can ask the borrower to return borrowed items before the date due for return.
d) The renewal may be arranged by the user themselves either in the Library or over the internet (www.kniznicatrnava.sk). They can also ask the Library to renew the loan period personally, by telephone or by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
e) The renewal has to be arranged before the end of the normal loan period.
f) The loan period can be renewed only 3 times, in case that the user asks for a renewal before the end of the normal loan period and only if the document is not in demand.
g) The renewal is not possible in following cases:
- the user is not following the regulations (they have overdue items, they have not paid charges or fines)
- the document is in demand and was reserved by other user
a) The user is obliged to:
- look over the document and announce all its defects immediately. If this is not made, the user is fully responsible for all the later-found defects and is obliged to pay replacement costs.
- return the document in the same condition in which it was borrowed and take the confirmation of its return. Highlighting, writing notes into documents and damage of the bar codes etc. is strictly prohibited.
b) Borrowed documents can be returned by post. Such documents shall be carefully packed and insured or sent as a registered delivery. The user is fully responsible for documents until they are received by the Library. After receiving documents, a confirmation of return will be mailed to the user. In case of a late return, the user shall pay a fee.
c) Documents may be borrowed again after the end of renewed loan periods, in case that those documents are not in demand. Documents must be handed in at the Library for re-stamping after every third renewal.
Losses and Compensation
a) The user is obliged to inform the Library about any damage or loss of a document. They are also obliged to recompense the loss according to the Civil Code due to determined date. The recompense is realized in following ways:
- the lost or damaged document is replaced by the same document of the same quality
- the cost of the lost or damaged document is refunded according to the price determined by the director of the Library annually.
b) The user shall refund all the costs connected to the loss or damage of the document. If the Library and the user cannot agree upon compensation, the way of the compensation will be determined by the court.
Borrowing rules for ILL and IILL
a) If users need documents which are not present in the store of the Library, they can ask for interlibrary loans services – ILL within Slovakia. These types of loans are made by the department of bibliography and information.
If users need documents which are not present in any of Slovak libraries, they can ask for international interlibrary loans services – IILL. The IILL services are charged. The ILL services are charged if the user requires a photocopy of borrowed documents.
When using IILL and ILL services, the Library and users are obliged to observe the rules set by the loaning library.
Documents borrowed by using IILL services can be used only at the Library.
b) Other libraries can borrow documents through ILL services only in case their seat is not in Trnava.
Rules for Study and Reading Rooms
a) Entry to study and reading rooms (hereinafter study rooms) is allowed after a valid library card has been presented. The Librarian keeps the library card until the user leaves.
b) In case of borrowing a document which cannot be taken out, a borrowing form shall be filled in and handed in at the desk at time of leaving the Library.
c) The library user is obliged to leave his coat, hat, handbag, umbrella etc. at an appropriated place. The Library is not responsible for things kept at that place.
d) Valuable things (money, jewellery, electronics etc.) should not be kept at the appropriated place.
e) Only noiseless tools which are not harmful to documents or library equipment and do not need to be connected to the electricity can be used in the study rooms. Bringing drinks and food into the study rooms is prohibited.
f) Library visitors shall keep the silence and not disturb other visitors and respect Librarian’s instructions.
g) Carrying documents from one department to another without permission is prohibited.
h) One visitor of a study room can use only one seat. Reservation of a seat in a study room is not possible.
i) Documents of study rooms can be used only inside the Library. The visitor can use:
- documents from the reference desk of the study room
- displayed magazines and newspapers
- documents from the reference library
- documents borrowed through ILL or IILL services
- technical equipments of the study room according to the Librarian’s instructions
- audio visual documents, CDs, floppy disks etc. in a music study room and listening room according to the Librarian’s instructions.
j) All documents used in the study room shall be handed in at the Librarian’s desk after the usage.
k) The visitor is allowed to ask for a photocopy of a document for their personal study purposes. Further information about this service will be given by the Librarian.
a) Only registered users who present a valid library card or a confirmation of the payment of a one-time service charge have access to the internet.
b) The Internet access is provided in following ways:
- a public internet at terminals installed in the library (hereinafter “public internet”)
- Wi-Fi connection to the wireless network by means of personal equipments (hereinafter “Wi-Fi connection)
c) Public internet serves for securing the access to the civil information for the public, children, and adults. Wi-Fi connection provides access to the internet which is used for study purposes.
d) Basic knowledge of computer work is required when using the public internet.
e) The internet access for children under 15 years of age is secured in the department of children literature.
f) Internet users can print the information, save it on a USB key, or send them by e-mail.
g) The access to the internet is free. Charges for printing are listed in the Price Book and provisions of the Library.
h) It is prohibited:
- to view websites that promote violence, race and religious intolerance, pornography, pedophilia, fascism, etc.
- to download movies, music, or stuff with similar content which would lead to the infringement of copyrights.
- to use public internet for playing games
i) The Library has right to limit the time of internet usage for the users of public internet. The time limit for one user is 45 minutes maximum. If the public internet is not in demand of other user, the Librarian can lengthen the usage period if required.
j) During the Wi-Fi connection, user’s personal computer becomes a member of the pc network of the Library. Therefore, the user is obliged to observe special regulations of the provisions of the Library. Failure to observe the regulations can lead into blockage of the Wi-Fi internet access.
k) In order to use the Wi-Fi connection, the user shall have a personal notebook or other equipment which can be connected to the wireless network. It shall be equipped with a Wi-Fi card that is up to standard IEEE 802.11b and it shall be within the Wi-Fi zone
l) When using the Wi-Fi connection, an authentication by name and password is required. Name and password will be given by the Librarian. The Wi-Fi is not coded.
a) The Library provides additional library, biographical, informational and other services:
- private and telephonic information about primary and secondary informational sources
- classic and data base literature searches, consultations about the library work problematic
- reprographic services
- excursions and lessons on information search education for children, youth, and university students; consultations of diploma theses and similar services
III. Charges and Payment
a) Basic library services are free. The enrollment into the database, some special services and fines are determined the Price List of the Library.
b) The Price List is an integral part of the Rules and Regulations of the Library.
IV. Final Provisions
a) Exceptions from the library rules can be made in special cases by the director of the Library or an employee delegated by the director.
b) Since coming into force of this rules and regulations, former rules and regulations dated to the 15th April 1998 expire.
c) This rules and regulations are valid since the 1st July 2009.